Supporting Canada’s transition to a climate-friendly future.
How we help.
The Clean Economy Fund offers a variety of tools to philanthropic organizations and individuals looking to support Canada’s transition to a net-zero, climate-friendly future.
Priorities in 2023.
Every year the Clean Economy Fund draws on independent subject-matter specialists, its Expert Advisory Committee, and input from its annual funders’ retreat to identify priority focus areas. These are CEF’s priority focus areas for 2023:
- Meeting the housing affordability challenge with climate-friendly growth
Fostering support for initiatives that develop strong and clear policy solutions for ensuring that the unprecedented projected growth of Canada’s housing and cities over the next ten years is aligned with net zero.
- Accelerating electrification through Indigenous, provincial and municipal leadership
Fostering support for initiatives that strengthen Indigenous capacity and partnerships for electrification; stimulate provincial action on energy and electrification planning; and enable municipal energy planning and advocacy.
- Incubating creative communications and engagement
- Advancing the sustainable finance agenda
- Climate solutions for agriculture
- Affordable net-zero transitions
- Transitions in Canada’s oil and gas sector
Interested in exploring how your philanthropy could make a difference in these urgent areas? Contact CEF to discuss.